You can do an arrest warrant search from Sitka Borough online. However, be prepared to open up your wallets to conduct such inquiries. Also, it should be noted that no agency, which is a state government undertaking, will ever provide information on active warrants and arrests through the internet. It is the private entities that are now bringing this convenience to the screens of their members.
If you would rather conduct your investigation on Sitka Borough arrest warrants through a state agency, you will have to visit them in person or write to them. The latter can be a distinctly time-consuming option since most departments will take at least 7 to 10 working days to respond to such inquiries.
Ideally, such formal investigations ought to be reserved for scenarios in which you will need to furnish a background report. This document will generally be called for if you are interested in adoption, immigration or employment prospects in certain industries. The justice departments that can be called upon for details on Sitka arrest records and outstanding warrants are:
- The police: 304 Lake St, Sitka, Alaska 99835
- The Borough clerk: 210-C Lake Street, Sitka, Alaska 99835
- The court of the magistrate: 100 Lincoln Street, Sitka, AK 99835
As stated above, the alternative to conducting such inquiries through state means is to approach a third-party website. This method will prove to be far less arduous and will also get details on criminal history from all parts of the nation, including data pertaining to the issue of arrest warrants.
Is it feasible to acquire information over the phone about Sitka Borough arrest warrants and recent arrests? (2021-Update)
- You will get details on recent arrests from the Sitka City-Borough Jail- 907-966-5710.
- You will get arrest records and police reports from the Records Division-907- 747-3245.
- You can get judicial records from the Office of the Clerk of Court- 907-747-3291
Crime statistics of Sitka Borough
Sitka City-Borough PD reported filing nearly 185 criminal cases in 2019. Of these, 170 complaints were lodged against property crimes. The offense reports filed in this category were against:
- Nearly 140 instances of larceny-theft
- Around 20 cases of burglary
- More than 10 cases of automobile theft
The 16 cases filed in the violent crimes category included 10 instances of assault, 2 of rape, and 4 of robbery.
Older crime statistics: On an average, about 350 crimes are reported in Sitka Borough, Alaska, per year. While this figure is already quite low, in more good news for the residents, it emerges that the violent crime rate in the area is equally low at just about 7% of the annual total.