Indeed a rarity, it is possible to launch an arrest warrant search in Juneau Borough, AK, online, and this can be done through the sheriff’s website. However, the availability of the active warrant list on the web portal cannot relegate the importance of a regular inquiry into detention orders and arrests.
Yet, it can serve as the perfect starting point to find out if any indiscretions of a criminal nature from your past can come back to haunt you in the form of an outstanding warrant from Juneau Borough. On the website of the sheriff at http://www.juneau.org/police/warrants.php, you will find the weekly arrest warrant list. The detention orders that can be accessed through this link only go back to 7 days.
However, you can find a way to reach the Alaska State Troopers’ site from this webpage. Available on http://www.dps.state.ak.us/AST/warrants/ASTActiveWarrantsToPublish.pdf, you will find a list of all active warrants issued in the state. Because the listing does not carry the date of warrant issue, it is hard to tell how far back these orders for arrests go.
You will be able to learn about the offense category and type along with the name and age of the accused and the bond amount set for release through this database. However, if you are looking for information on Juneau Borough arrest records, you will need to approach one of the state agencies named below:
- The sheriff: 6255 Alaway Ave, Juneau, Alaska 99801
- The magistrate: 123 W 4th St, Juneau, AK 99801
- The clerk of court: 400 Willougby, 3rd Floor, Juneau, Alaska 99801
How do you contact state agencies for an arrest report or details about warrants from Juneau Borough over the phone? (Updated-2021)
- For information on arrests and prisoners, get in touch with the Lemon Creek Correctional Center at 907-465-6200 or contact the DOC’s Office in Juneau at 907-465-4652.
- For inquiries pertaining to a criminal case, get in touch with Investigations Sergeant at 907-586-0634.
- For arrest records and police reports (accident/incident), get in touch with the Records Supervisor at 907-586-0620.
- For information about arrest warrants, get in touch with the Juneau Police Department at 907-586-0600.
- For further information on submitting a request for a criminal background check, get in touch with the Clerk of Court’s Office at 907-463-4700.
Crime Statistics of Juneau City-Borough
In 2019, Juneau PD investigated 1300 property crimes and around 300 violent crimes. Of the offenses listed in the property crimes category, larceny-theft had the highest rate of occurrence at well over 1000 cases/year.
Burglary and motor vehicle theft led to the filing of approximately 163 and 184 cases, respectively, while arson brought in 16 complaints. The offenses listed in the violent crimes category included 217 cases of aggravated assault, 24 rapes, 45 robberies, and 3 murders.
In Juneau Borough, Alaska, about 1500 criminal complaints were lodged in 2010. However, only about 9% of these matters were linked to violent crimes such as sexual assault, which had a yearly average of about 30 cases. The rest of the reports were filed against property crimes.