Before you consider going in for an arrest warrant search in Ketchikan Gateway Borough, AK, it would help to understand the procedure followed for the dissemination of data about active warrants. This will help you conduct the inquiry more efficiently while getting greater information in response to it.
The website of the area sheriff will offer a considerable amount of information on how such investigations ought to be handled. Because the police department requests the court to issue Ketchikan Gateway Borough active warrants, you are bound to find information on these directives through the agency.
The police also keep arrests records since they are in charge of serving all detention orders issued by the courts. This includes arrest warrants and bench warrants, which are typically brought to use against absconders and those who stand in contempt of the judiciary.
Since the magistrate is in charge of issuing all legal edicts, you could also contact the bench or the office of the court clerk for your inquiry on Ketchikan Gateway Borough arrests and outstanding warrants. In fact, the latter can also get you details on litigations that have nothing to do with criminal misdoing. To find this information, be prepared to drive down to the addresses listed below:
- The police: 361 Main St, Ketchikan, Alaska 99901
- The Borough clerk: 1900 First Avenue, Suite 115, Ketchikan, Alaska 99901
- The court of the magistrate: 415 Main St, Ketchikan, AK 99901
Is it possible to access Ketchikan Gateway Borough warrant list and arrest records over the phone? (Current as of 2021)
- 907-228-7363- The Ketchikan Correctional Center (KCC) for information on arrests, inmate search
- 907-228-7350 – KCC Administrative Office for inquiries pertaining to inmate arrest records.
- 907-225-6631 – The Administrative Division of Ketchikan PD for police reports, accident reports, and criminal arrest records.
- 907-228-6627 – The Ketchikan Gateway Borough Law Office for victim-witness assistance
- 907-225-3195 – The Office of the Clerk of Court for judicial records and a case search
Crime statistics of Ketchikan Gateway Borough
The Law Enforcement Office of Ketchikan Gateway Borough handled around 460 criminal complaints in 2019. Of the crimes reported, more than 420 were property-related, while 40 were offenses of a violent nature.
Aggravated assault was the most frequently reported violent crime, with 30 cases, while rape led to the filing of 9 cases. In the property crimes category, cases were filed against 368 larceny thefts, 32 burglaries, and 21 car thefts.
Less than 600 criminal matters were reported to the sheriff of Ketchikan Gateway Borough Alaska in 2010. The violent crime rate of the area stood at about 8% of this average. As far as crime trends went, there was a visible drop of over 100% in violent incidents while the rate of overall criminal activity plunged by almost 30%.